Leon Wyczółkowski State School of Art in Bydgoszcz

Polish (Poland)English (United Kingdom)

School History

The history of the Fine Arts School begins in 1945. On November, 1st the Independent Art School (Wolne Studium Artystyczne), located in the Pomeranian Art Centre (Pomorski Dom Sztuki) in 1 Maja Street was opened. Marian Turwid, the school founder, became its headmaster. In 1947 the school was nationalized and transformed into the State Secondary School of Art Techniques (Państwowe Liceum Technik Plastycznych).

1961 and 1962 brought another changes. The school was transformed into State Secondary School of Fine Arts.

In 1999 the institution, according to the Polish education reform, started training lower secondary school students and the School of Fine Arts (Ogólnokształcąca Szkoła Sztuk Pięknych) was established. Three years later, as a result of a merger with the new Secondary School of Fine Arts, it formed today’s Secondary and Lower Secondary School of Fine Arts (Państwowy Zespół Szkół Plastycznych).

School’s headmasters in 1945-2013:

  • Marian Turwid 01.11.1945 – 31.08.1972
  • Alojzy Lemański 01.09.1972 – 31.08.1987
  • Stanisław Matuszczak01.09.1987 – 31.08.1991

From September, 1st1991. up to the present the headmaster post has been held by Elżbieta Jolanta Szamańska.

Sponsorzy:
Logon SA Bydgoszcz kuj-pom Budopol Maestra MKiDN Sowa pnwm